Hi! I am Rayhaan and this is my personal website.
My research interests include distributed systems, computer networks, and security. To be specific, the following sub-areas are of particular interest to me:
- The development and implementation of network security protocols for the purpose of user authentication and authorization (e.g. Diameter, EAP, TLS); high performance transparent encryption of communications across untrusted links (e.g. Wireguard); reliable routing mechanisms with deterministic latency and bandwidth.
- Hardware / software codesign of custom modules for networking / systems purposes. This includes silicon selection, PCB prototyping, manufacturing, and software implementation.
- Userspace access to networking hardware for kernel bypass, accelerated datapaths (e.g. Linux’s XDP, Intel’s DPDK, the Snabb virtual switch, etc).
- Operating system kernel development, specifically with respect to filesystems, networking subsystems, and interprocess communication.
Aside from computers, I also have other interests which include but are certainly not limited to:
- The preparation and consumption of food.
- Road biking, running, and hiking.
- Traveling and modes of transportation.